Open Position: Scientist
Who We Are:
Aptimmune Biologics specializes in developing revolutionary mucosal vaccines that provide unsurpassed efficacy against the viral diseases most costly to the swine industry. We focus solely on swine vaccines and the prevention of three major diseases – Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome virus (PRRSV), influenza (IAV-S) and African Swine Fever (ASF).
As a key member of the Aptimmune Technical Team, the Scientist will play an important role to achieve key milestones associated with the company’s commercial vaccine development plan. The Scientist position will report to the Senior Scientist.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter and problem-solver who can conduct independent studies as well as support team projects. This position requires working with little supervision to independently perform experiments, troubleshoot problems, analyze results, and use critical thinking to obtain reliable and reproducible data and accomplish goals. Ability to multitask and good time management skills are essential.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform a variety of research assignments and experiments in support of team objectives.
- Perform preparation and characterization of high-titer virus stocks.
- Perform immunological bioassays including western blot, dot blot, and ELISAs.
- Perform molecular biology lab duties such as PCR, and DNA sequence verification.
- Perform and document all test procedures with accuracy, consistency, and timeliness following laboratory SOPs and regulatory guidelines.
- Assist with the generation and updating of laboratory SOPs.
- Analyze data including statistical analysis and interpret and present results to the supervisor and the group.
- Actively demonstrate the highest level of professionalism, ethical behavior, and integrity in all aspects of the Scientist role.
Who You Are:
- Master’s degree (required) or PhD degree preferred or equivalent extent of experience in virology, molecular biology, microbiology, biochemistry, bioengineering, or closely related field.
- At least two years of laboratory research experience working in an academic or industrial lab environment.
- In depth understanding in the following areas: cell based infectivity assays, methods for analyzing proteins and nucleic acid including electrophoresis, immunoblotting, ELISA and PCR.
- Familiarity with tools to examine genomic, structural, and functional integrity of viruses would be highly desirable.
- Experience and knowledge of working in a BSL-2 laboratory environment
- Experience in commercial vaccine development a plus.
- An understanding of immunology, vaccinology preferred.
- Motivated and willing to work in a fast-paced environment as part of a hard-working and multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to support multiple tasks, initiatives, and projects simultaneously.
- Maintain personal level of accountability and ownership of results. Self-motivated and thrives on challenges.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Gabriela Calzada – Hiring Manager