Open Position: Key Account Manager
Who We Are:
Aptimmune Biologics specializes in developing revolutionary mucosal vaccines that provide unsurpassed efficacy against the viral diseases most costly to the swine industry. We focus solely on swine vaccines and the prevention of two major diseases – Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome virus (PRRSV) and influenza (IAV-S).
The Key Account Manager (KAM) oversees sales at the territory level and serves as the primary liaison between customers and Aptimmune Biologics. This position focuses on growing the Aptimmune brand, developing customer alliances, establishing and maintaining product leadership, and achieving both short and long-term sales objectives by identifying customer needs and providing solutions to create mutual, quantifiable value between the customer and Aptimmune Biologics.
• Work, contribute and thrive as a member of the Aptimmune technical sales team, reporting to the technical sales director.
• Grow Aptimmune’s business and the Barricade™ mucosal vaccine brand with a customer focused approach.
• Act as the ‘quarterback’ of the account team: See the field, call the plays, hand-off the ball to other Aptimmune teammates that can advance the business.
• Utilize and incorporate Aptimmune’s Professional Services Veterinary (PSV) into the account strategy to solve customer health problems with Barricade™ vaccines.
• Create and execute key account plans to achieve sales goals and objectives for continued growth.
• Maintain a superior level of product knowledge and cascade a clear message across the key account portfolio stakeholders.
• Navigate highly complex relationships in a network of veterinarians, production management, executive management, and key opinion leaders to advance your key account strategy and tactics.
• Work closely with Aptimmune customer service to fulfill customers’ product and program needs.
• Attend industry scientific meetings and other trade shows to promote Aptimmune’s brand and engage with customers, veterinarians and key decision makers.
• Actively demonstrate the highest level of professionalism, ethical behavior and integrity in all aspects of the KAM role.
Who You Are:
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with a focus on Animal Science or Agriculture.
• Valid driver’s license and passport.
• Minimum 5 years key account sales experience in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry with demonstrated success in sales performance.
• Experience in technical sales positioning novel vaccine formulations and/or creating therapeutic health programs in large systems.
• Experience in the fields of immunology and vaccinology.
• Knowledge of integrated pork production systems currently used in North America.
• Experience with managing business relationships over multiple geographies or regions.
• Ability to support multiple tasks, initiatives, and projects simultaneously.
• Maintain personal level of accountability and ownership of results. Self-motivated and thrives on challenges.
• Ability to work as a member of an account team to accomplish team goals.
• Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Customer-oriented, energetic, flexible, enthusiastic and driven.
• Willingness to travel up to 65% (may vary based on location).
Click here to download job posting.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Andy Smythe – Hiring Manager